This course will provide the principles, key insights, and foundational knowledge of Human Performance Improvement.
1. Discuss and demonstrate the principles and key insights of HPI.
2. Explore additional HPI foundational concepts, including:
• Performance Modes and Related Error Modes.
• Traps, Triggers, and Tools.
• Taxonomy and Psychology of Deviation.
3. Develop and demonstrate proficiency in Error-Reduction tools:
• Phonetic Alphabet
• 3-Way Communication
• Pre-Job Brief
• Questioning Attitude
• Stop When Unsure
• Post-Job Review
• Peer Check
4. Explore what beyond the tools is required for long term success.
Wes Havard, Manager of Operational Excellence & HPI, Luminant